This Policy applies to Pacific Sales Kitchen Bath and Electronics, Pacific Sales Kitchen and Home and Pacific Kitchen and Home stores as well as pacificsales.com. It does not apply to Best Buy, other Best Buy brands or websites or information collected at other Best Buy locations, each of which may have their own privacy policies.
This Policy applies only to information of customers and not information pertaining to employees or prospective employees.
We may post additional information if more details are needed to explain our privacy practices.
Information We Collect
Information You Give Us
We receive and may store any information you enter on our websites or give to us in our stores. For example, we collect information from you when you place an order, create an account, call us with a question, create a Wish List, write a review, or use any of our services.
The information we collect from you includes things like:
- Your name
- Your mailing address
- Your e-mail address
- Your phone number
- Your credit card number and other payment information
- Your driver's license number
- Credit application information, such as your Social Security Number
- Demographic and lifestyle information, such as age, personal interests and product preferences
It may also include information you give us about other people, such as the name and address of a gift recipient, or the name and contact info of a pickup person or alternative recipient.
Information From Other Sources
We may also receive information about you from other sources, including third parties that help us update, expand and analyze our records and identify new customers.
One type of cookie may allow us to identify you as a particular Pacific Sales retail store customer when you visit our websites and to link your activities on our websites to your interactions with us in our stores. In combination with other information we collect, this cookie may facilitate the tailoring of advertisements and offers to you, sometimes in connection with interest-based advertising.
To help us understand and enhance our interactions with you, we may permit third parties (such as web analytics providers, advertising companies and others) to collect and process personal and other information about your online activities over time on our websites and applications and across other sites on the internet. We also may share personal information with those providers. We may have similar arrangements with interest-based advertisers. Interest-based advertising is covered in more detail below.
Our website offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect for things like:
- Fulfilling orders and requests for products, services or information
- Processing returns and exchanges
- Tracking and confirming orders
- Delivering or installing products
- Managing our loyalty program
- Marketing and advertising products and services
- Conducting research and analysis
- Establishing and managing your accounts with us
- Communicating things like special events, sweepstakes, promotions and surveys
- Processing credit card or loyalty MasterCard applications
- Identifying you on our websites and tailoring advertisements and offers to you (both on our websites and on other websites) based on your interactions with us in our stores and online
- Facilitating interactions with Pacific Sales and others, such as enabling you to email a link to a friend
- Operating, evaluating and improving our business
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
How We Share the Information We Collect
Pacific Sales and customers recognize and agree that Pacific Sales may, appropriate and as permitted by law, share and disclose customer information with:
- its subsidiaries, affiliates, parents and joint ventures
- its agents, employees, contractors, attorneys, owners and shareholders
- other persons, businesses and entities related to Pacific Sales by common ownership or control
- other persons, businesses and entities that require customer information in connection with certain warranties or recalls or merchandise/ product/services.
Pacific Sales Kitchen and Bath Centers, Inc., ("Pacific Sales") is a subsidiary of Best Buy Co., Inc. As such, if you provide information to any of the businesses, stores or websites owned or operated by Pacific Sales, this information may be combined or shared among current or future Best Buy Co., Inc. entities, including affiliates and subsidiaries, and will be governed by each of their privacy policies, as applicable.
When we share with contractors and other persons, businesses and entities (such as suppliers, manufacturers, shippers, delivery persons and installers), we may share your information with such third parties to perform services on our behalf such as:
- Fulfilling orders
- Delivering packages
- Scheduling and performing installations
- Servicing products
- Maintaining our loyalty program
- Sending marketing communications
- Fulfilling services
- Conducting research and analysis
- Applying for credit cards and processing credit card payments, when you choose to do so
- Providing chat functions
Sometimes we may be required to share personal information in response to a regulation, court order or subpoena. We may also share information when we believe it's necessary to comply with the law. We also may share information to respond to a government request or when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of Pacific Sales, our customers, or others; to prevent harm or loss; or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual unlawful activity.
We may also share personal information in the event of a corporate sale, merger, acquisition, dissolution or similar event.
If you choose to apply for a private label credit card or receive co-branded products or services, we may share personal information in connection with financial products or services related to our business such as private label credit cards. We also may share personal information in connection with co-branded product or service offerings. For example, when you apply for a Pacific Sales credit card, we may share your personal information with our banking partners that issue the card.
How We Protect the Information We Collect
Whether you are shopping online or in our stores, we use reasonable security measures to protect the confidentiality of personal information under our control and appropriately limit access to it. Pacific Sales cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
We use a variety of information security measures to protect your online transactions with us. The Pacific Sales website uses encryption technology, such as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), to protect your personal information during data transport. SSL protects information you submit via our website such as ordering information including your name, address and credit card number.
Your Choices Regarding the Information We Collect
You may choose to:
- Stop receiving marketing or promotional e-mails, direct mail, phone and mobile marketing communications
- Update and correct your personal information
- Cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services
- Request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum
To do any of these, let us know by one of these methods:
- Follow the directions in a marketing e-mail or direct mail or mobile communication that you receive from us.
- Call 800-540-7227 with your request and current contact information.
- Send an e-mail with your request and current contact information to email@example.com
- Send a letter with your request and current contact information to:
24120 Garnier Street
Torrance, CA 90505
We use third-party advertising contractor companies to display ads when you visit our websites or other sites on the Internet. These contractor companies may collect personal and other information about your visits to this and other websites. We may also share personal information with these contractor companies. In either case, the purpose is to provide ads about products and services that may be of interest to you.
Protecting Children's Privacy
We are committed to protecting children's privacy on the Internet and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
Links to Other Websites